The purpose of this document is to ensure that all parents/guardians of the players participating in the Killeen Wolves Basketball Club are made aware of the financial responsibility policy and are participants of the AAU’s ‘No Nonsense to Violence” involving parents and fans. Each parent/guardian must read and acknowledge receipt of these policies.
1. I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child’s participation in the Killeen Wolves Basketball Club.
2. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, or practice. Therefore, as a parent and fan, I will not harass, abuse, disrespect, or cause a disturbance against any coaches, players, or officials. The Killeen Wolves Basketball
Club will not tolerate hostile and disruptive behavior by coaches, parents, or fans.
3. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child(ren) ahead of my personal desire to win.
4. I will demand a healthy sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and likewise, will refrain from their use at AAU youth basketball events, unless designated areas are provided.
5. I will not approach my child’s coach directly before, during, or directly after a game. I will wait 24 hours before addressing any concerns. I understand that the coach will only discuss concerns involving my child and not another child on the team. I further understand, that I will discuss my concerns with my child’s
coach first. If I am not able to resolve an issue, I will consult with the Club Managers, Clyde Elliott and/or LaKisha Elliott. All efforts will be made to resolve issues in a respectful and calm manner with all parties involved.
6. I will not be a distraction in any form before, during, or after a game. I understand that all team members will be expected to stay focused on the coach’s game plan & must listen to the coach’s instruction before, during, and after games. I promise to not coach from the sideline, my child or any other child, as it may cause distraction and confusion to players involved.
7. I will treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
8. I will assure transportation and support the attendance & prompt arrival and departure of my child to all practices and games. I will communicate in advance if my child is unable to attend a practice or game, or if alternate departure arrangements need to be made. I will ensure that my child arrives early to games as the individual coach directs.
9. I will guarantee payment of all fees. I understand that these fees must stay current in order for player participation in practices and games. I understand that I am responsible for my portion of each tournament fee whether my child is in attendance or not.
10. I understand that all club fees must be paid on-time. Payment fees and due dates will be published on the the Killeen Wolves website and/or communicated to me via email by a team coach or Club Manager. Any fee paid on/after the 10th day will incur a late payment charge of $15, that must be paid along with the amount due in a timely manner.
11. I understand that all payments must be made electronically via the Killeen Wolves website. Coaches will not accept any club payments, under any circumstance.
12. Multiplayer Discount*: For families that have multiple players, The Club offers the following discount:
*Multiplayer discount is for Club dues only, and do not apply to uniform, tournament, or any other fee. Discounts can only be used for your biological children, or any child you have legal guardianship of.
13. I understand that the Killeen Wolves Basketball Club does not issue refunds for any reason, including practice and tournament changes, and/or a family decision to not participate in a scheduled tournament.
If I fail to abide by the given code of conduct and/or meet my financial obligation, I understand the consequences could include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Verbal warning by official, team coach, and/or Manager of the Basketball Club.
2. Written warning by official, team coach, or Manager of the Basketball Club.
3. Parent/Player game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by the Club.
4. Dismissal from participation as members of the Killeen Wolves Basketball Club.