The Killeen Wolves Basketball Club (“KWBC”) recognizes the importance of the Internet in shaping the public’s perception of our organization. KWBC also recognizes the importance of our managers, trainers, sport coordinators, sport committee members, coaches, employees, volunteers, and athletes in leading and setting the tone of social media interactions in a manner that advances KWBC’s mission and goals.
Our mission is to teach, develop, organize, and offer youth players the opportunity to learn the fundamental skills of basketball while instilling life-lessons and values such as character, team work, discipline, respect and sportsmanship.
This Social Media Policy applies to all managers, executive directors, sport coordinators, trainers, sport committee members, coaches, employees, and volunteers (“KWBC Members”). This Social Media Policy applies to all social media content posted by KWBC Members in their professional and personal capacity to the extent such content is related to KWBC.
KWBC strives to create a positive and inclusive organization that is dedicated to helping young athletes reach their potential. In furtherance of this goal, KWBC aspires to engage members of the community in positive, honest, transparent, and knowledgeable dialogue about KWBC through social media. KWBC views social media as an important tool for communicating its successes and opportunities for athletic and individual development. KWBC also views social media as a platform for receiving constructive feedback from the community and for discussing KWBC’s challenges and opportunities for improvement in a positive and constructive way.
Guidelines All KWBC Members shall abide by the following guidelines when using social media:
1. Be positive and respectful, and always take the high road. When disagreeing with others’ opinions, remain appropriate and polite. If you find yourself in a situation online that is becoming antagonistic, ask the KWBC Club Managers for advice on how to disengage from the dialogue in a polite and respectful manner that reflects well on KWBC.
2. Do not post content that would harm KWBC or damage KWBC’s reputation. Remember that even while you are on your own personal time, you are a representative of KWBC, and people may interpret your online postings or social interactions as though they were official KWBC statements.
3. Use good judgment when posting comments on any official KWBC sites. Bear in mind that your comments can create liability for KWBC. If you are unsure whether a comment is appropriate to post, either do not post it or obtain prior approval from the Club Managers.
4. Be smart about what you publish. Once something is posted, it exists online forever. Ask yourself, “would I want to see this published in the newspaper or posted on a billboard tomorrow or ten years from now?” If the answer is “no,” do not post.
5. Encourage others to engage in positive interactions on social media. If you are concerned about any KWBC Member’s use of social media, please bring your concerns to the attention of the Club Managers.
6. Personally identifiable information (information, such as a name and date of birth and/or a street address which, when taken together, can identify a particular individual) should not be disclosed in any manner on official KWBC social networking sites.
Violations of the Social Media Policy
The KWBC Club Managers shall have the authority to monitor and enforce this Social Media Policy. The KWBC Club Managers, shall have the authority to remove any inappropriate or offensive comments from official KWBC sites and to block any individual or organization from posting on any official KWBC social media platform if they determine, in their sole discretion, that such removal or block is in the best interests of KWBC.
The failure of any KWBC Member to adhere to this Social Media Policy shall be considered a violation of the KWBC Code of Conduct, and any KWBC Member who fails to adhere to this Social Media Policy shall be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of such individual’s involvement in KWBC, as determined by the sole discretion of the Club Managers.